At work we are stuck with Subversion 1.4 clients (cough, Dreamweaver, ahem), so any new IDE I try has to use the SVN 1.4 api and format. Every 6 months or so I like to test drive IDEs, but most new editors and IDEs long ago gave up support for SVN 1.4 (except for PHPStorm, which is pretty nice), and if you’re reading this you know that using a later client on a repository will render that repository incompatible with 1.4 clients.
Long story short this is how I got SVN 1.4 to work with Aptana 3.0. There’s probably an easier way, but I couldn’t find it after too much time fiddling with it, so I’m documenting it here.
- Download Easy Subclipse 1.2.4 exe for for EasyEclipse 1.3
- Make sure you exit Aptana
- Rename “AptanaStudio3.exe” to “eclipse.exe”
- Run (double-click, etc) Easy Subclipse 1.2.4 exe and step through install wizard
- Rename “eclipse.exe” back to “AptanaStudio3.exe”
So now I have a Aptana 3.0 using SVN 1.4 which means I don’t clobber my co-workers’ working copies. Woot.