Well, it’s tryout season for youth club soccer and some of us, er I mean some of you, are considering switching clubs. With that in mind I ran across the following advice from a proverbial Soccer Mom:
1. Try to keep an open mind and keep all of your options open.
2. Look at the next 2 age groups to get a feel for how your child will progress;
3. When you?re talking to perspective coaches/DOCs, be honest about your child?s abilities.
4. Please please please, follow your child?s lead.
5. By time tryouts roll around, I recommend you have it narrowed it down to 2 clubs.
6. When/if you do decide to leave your current club, don?t leave in a flashy obnoxious manner.
Lastly, some general advice as my oldest is getting closer to leaving the club environment and heading off to college. Enjoy every minute of this experience but pace yourself; we?ve all heard it before, it?s a marathon, not a sprint.
All of it sounds like good advice, so I encourage you to read it in it’s entirety.