Last night as I was putting my boys to bed Elijah said, “you know those weird numbers, like 13, that you can’t get from any other numbers, like you can’t multiply something by two and get that number? what are those called?” I told him they were Prime Numbers, only divisible by themselves and 1. He started naming all the primes he could think of: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19 … then he noticed that 2 was the only even prime number. I mention this so that I could gratuitously link to my favorite video of my boys. Joshua turns 5 this month. Elijah is 6. Look at me indeed.
Some other not-so-random numbers:
- 10/28/06: 7 miles. 7.18, 7.06, 20.45 for 3, 6.42, 6.30
- 10/31/06: Wilke. 8 and 3.
- 11/02/06: 1200s. 4.32, 4.29, 4.27, 4.31, 4.18
- 1/28/07: 3M 1/2. 13.1 …. 1.??
This week was my 1-year anniversary with the Gazelles. Soon, I’ll write a post looking back, and maybe one about how I’ve lost 70 pounds (mostly before the Gazelles though).
Continuing on with numbers, I know this whole post is bordering on pictures of our cats, but I cut our cell phone bill by about $50. Of course the cell phone company, Cingular in this case, still finds a way to screw you (“oh, you’ll lose all 7,000 of your rollover minutes … there’s a $5/month charge for that … nights are now from 9pm-6am not 7pm-7am….”).
Finally, 3 things I learned this week.
1. This blog is currently the number 3 result on Google when searching for “icy nipples”
2. We all eat waaaay too much “high fructose corn syrup” (63lbs/year per person in the US)
3. I can eat a ton and actually lose a pound.